No, when you sign up for community solar you are not changing the type of energy that is powering your home, but you are helping more renewable energy be put onto the grid in your region (for all customers to use!).
Articles in this section
- What is “Community Solar”?
- How does Community Solar work?
- What is a solar farm?
- How is this different from installing solar panels on my roof?
- Will I save money?
- Is there an upfront payment like with rooftop solar?
- Are there any fees?
- Will I still be a customer of my utility?
- Will I have a service interruption or notice anything different in the power I receive at my house?
- How do the seasons impact the solar panels?