Community Solar is a new way to receive some of the financial benefits of rooftop solar. The main difference is instead of paying to place expensive panels on your own roof, a group of households get together to support a centralized solar farm and, it’s available to renters and homeowners who can’t get, or don’t want, rooftop solar for a number of reasons. You can sign up for community solar here.
Articles in this section
- What is “Community Solar”?
- How does Community Solar work?
- What is a solar farm?
- How is this different from installing solar panels on my roof?
- Will I save money?
- Is there an upfront payment like with rooftop solar?
- Are there any fees?
- Will I still be a customer of my utility?
- Will I have a service interruption or notice anything different in the power I receive at my house?
- How do the seasons impact the solar panels?